Colorful, Clouded, Heaven
Dear family,
As you know I have been transferred. What you didn't know is that I would be transferred to the most beautiful place at the most beautiful time of the year!
Montpelier, Vermont
I finally made it to the other side of the mission. Fall is in full bloom, and you would not believe your eyes if you were here. The rolling hills of colorful blotches and rocky hillsides is breath taking. Everywhere we drive I tell my companion "It's so magical!"
And... Thank you for you prayers for warmer weather. This week we had PERFECT weather.
Before getting to transfer meeting I had to make the 4 hour trip to Manchester. It was a crazy transfer meeting -- 19 missionaries going home and 26 new missionaries. It was a long meeting, but a powerful one. When we were singing "Called to Serve," and "I'll go where you want me to go," it felt like we were in the presence of angels. One part that was not so spiritual was when a departing missionary was saying his parting words, bawling over his dog that died on while he was on his mission. I just couldn't take him seriously.
Two super sweet connections in the Montpelier ward. Our Bishop served in NYC during 9/11. Might have been in the same mission as Jacob? He is looking into that for me. It is Bishop Norris. The other connection is the Smith Family. Their daughter is serving in the Ventura Mission. It is the Sister Missionary that was over at my home for dinner a long time ago! Now I get to go to her home for dinner next week! Her mom said she is serving in Santa Barbara right now.
Oh! My new companion- Sister Brown - she is TIGHT and we know all the small jokes and references. It is good times. She's from Utah. We are having lots of fun, and "dropin' it low" all over Vermont. We also lead the zone with ITL's this week (inviting new people to learn) We felt totally boss. Anywho, we are super busy and having lots of fun. There is just so much to do! I am so excited for general conference! Wasn't the Women's Broadcast the best! I can't wait until I can apply it and go to the temple more. The temple really is the greatest thing in the whole world.
Love you all! Pray for you everyday....
One more miracle this week. I was totally supposed to get a cold this week, but I had a some Wellness Formula that I got 17 months ago and haven't used once, until this week. That, and the grace of God, kept me from getting sick this week.
Pray that I will complete everything that God needs me to do here.
Sista Lassen

No comments:
Post a Comment