Dear Family,
I could not express my gratitude, frustrations, and love that I have felt this week.
First of all. I love the picture I got of Lucy with her poking herself in the eye balls. I love it so much that I stuck it on my planner with the caption "if it's awkward make it more awkward, then it's funny." And I am showing everyone. It comes in handy when I needed to make L. laugh.
So let me tell you about L. She is just a good soul and I love her to death. We have been teaching her for a month and a half and it is amazing to see the change that she is making. I remember the first time we taught her she told us that she wanted to get baptized, but she didn't think that she would be very active in the church. And now she has the mind set that Christ has done so much for her that she can do this for Him. When we taught her this week she told us how much happier she is and just can't believe it! Her testimony of the gospel brought tears to my eyes as she reminded me why I am serving a mission: To bring happiness into people's lives. Yesterday was the first time that she came to church since we have been teaching her. I was so happy i was going to explode! When I saw her outside I RAN to her, Sister Shipley (my companion) having to chase me. The best part about her at church was in Relief Society she introduced herself saying "I'm L. and I am getting baptized
September 20th." I cannot tell you the joy that she is. She is a kindred spirit. To be able to teach her has made my life and mission complete. I love her so much.
Another miracle was that P. came to church today. Missionaries have been coming to her home weekly for dinner for the past 3 years. As far as I know she has come to church once, maybe twice. I think what it was to help her go to church was our consistent annoyance of telling her to come to church, and her granddaughter. Her Granddaughter is at BYU-I and she posted on Facebook how grateful she is for church and the Sabbath day. This really hit P. Social Media is for our benefit!
No comments:
Post a Comment