Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 23014

Pray

Dear Family,

First of all, did you know how much God loves us? He really really does. Second of all I need a specific prayer for me. I need you to "pray with all the energy of heart" that it does not snow until November 6th. The cold has already started.  Once you have pledged to do that you may read on.

I am going to be straight up honest. This week everything fell through. You want to know the best part about it? I don't feel the least bit discouraged! In fact I am just as happy, if not happier, than the weeks when everything went "perfectly." How great is that? We don't have to let other people's choices effect our happiness. And that is a beautiful thing. 

I feel like this week was a test, and I feel like I passed! The past transfer we have been having loads of success and finding super prepared people, and it has been great! It is easier to be happy when people are progressing. This week we have had 7 appointments with 7 different potential investigators fall through.  I know that I am doing what God wants me to do and he is happy with my efforts. We still saw miracles this week and met more people who are interested in learning.  

Another really cool thing has been working with the members. At a dinner appointment we asked a young family, "What can we do to help you with your missionary work?" They loved that question and really pondered it, and we were able to help them think of ways that they can do missionary work. I am so converted to asking members that question. Before we asked them, we pumped them up with missionary promises in the scriptures like D&C 33. It is way awesome. 

I am loving every minute I have to be a missionary. I think that I have grown the most in this transfer than I have any other transfer of my mission. I think is because I am no longer just doing missionary things, but I feel like I have become what Heavenly Father wants me to become. Looking back on my mission I can now see the "change of heart" within myself. I feel the love that Heavenly Father has for me so strong everyday. Because I feel his love for me I am able to reach out in love and charity to my brothers and sisters: Not out of recognition in numbers or from others, but solely in service to my Heavenly Father. 

I am also excited for this week because we have Zone Conference and Elder Wilson from the 2nd Quorum of the seventy is coming to address us. How neat is that?

Love you all! Also pray for L.

Sista Lassen

No comments:

Post a Comment