Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6, 2014

Can Photos Make Up For a Lack of Words?


Dear Family,

How sweet was General Conference? I loved it and received so many answers to my questions. I hope you did as well. 

Besides General Conference this week was a typical one. I went on exchange to Newport,VT which is almost to that Canadian boarder. 

I also got to have dinner with the Smiths on Sunday. They are the family that their daughter is serving in the Ventura Mission and you had over for dinner over a year ago. [Bethany was about to go into the MTC when Sister Smith served in the Camarillo 3rd Ward, so I am sure she is about to go home, too!]


Because of the lack of words this week I hope the pictures make up for it. 

Me and Sister Brown

I love you all! 

Sista Lassen

1 comment:

  1. Dear Bethany,
    Your letters are so outstanding and uplifting and just what I needed to read tonight. Thank you for being and doing just what The Lord wants you to be and do.
    I had an opportunity this last week to try to be a missionary. I have been working in our store a lot this month and a very dear couple who shop there came in and I knew her elderly mother had just passed away so I asked about how she was doing and she broke down and sobbed. I looked her In the eyes and told her I knew she could see her mother again and basically bore my testimony right there in the store.
    Then later that day I had the strongest prompting I should write a sympathy card and write and highlight in a Book of Mormon. I did and spend quite a bit of time praying to do and write the things The Lord would have me do. I wrapped it in gift paper and left if for them in the office at the store and asked John and the other employees to give it to them next time they came in.
    Well then, I began to doubt. One morning at 6:00 am after dropping Hans off at seminary, I went to the store to paint on the top of a 12 foot ladder and I began thinking about that wrapped Book of Mormon and that maybe I should take it home. I prayed while I worked and told Heavenly Father I had made my offering and done my best and would are make up the difference.
    They came in sometime this week and it was given to them. I didn't even know their last names or where they live but I have been praying and praying for them. Now I just need to trust.
    Some of your letters said just what I needed to hear, Bethany.
    I love you so much and am so proud of the young woman of great faith and hard work you are. Enjoy your last weeks of this mission and know we look forwarded with open arms to welcome you home soon!
    Love always, Aunt Debi xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete