Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

Reign of Lasso and Ship

Dear Family,
Well this week didn't go as planned. We had another super road trip to Manchester, NH. (a 4 hour drive that makes me want to blow my brains out) to get my new companion Sister Shipley! She is from LaVern CA and I love her to death. 

Before I go on about my week I want to rant about being surrounded by Elders all the time; it is doing things to my head. I thought I would be fine because I grew up with 4 boys and have 4 nephews, but nothing could prepare me to be surrounded by so many Elders all the time. Some of them I want to punch in the face because they act like the little brother I never wanted to have. Some, after I talk to them, all I want to do is drink protein powder and lift weights. And the few left are normal. Lizzy, you have been warned. 

So. Many. Elders. [image from the Huffington Post website]
Anyways, so this week was so spiritual that I don't even want to tell you over e-mail: Too sacred to write. But I will say this. I have never felt the Lord's hand in this work like I have felt this week.  He is in every part of our lives and it is crazy to see. 

We had a lesson with L. my favorite person ever.  To prepare in the morning Sister Shipley and I practiced and one of us pretended to be Lindy. It was so crazy because the same questions, comments, and concerns that we practiced were exactly the same questions, comments, and concerns that she had! L. is preparing for baptism; She has been the easiest person to teach. Her heart is so open and she feels and recognized the spirit. I JUST LOVE HER!
This ward is doing amazing, and great things are happening. I am just trying to keep up! I love them so much! I also got to meet the first member in this ward. Hazel Thomas--she was baptized in 1951, When Howard and Hattie Maughan were here! I have been searching for a someone old enough to know them my whole mission. Finally found someone. She didn't remember knowing them, but still cool. 

I just feel like I should share my testimony today. I am so grateful for the testimony that I have and the many chances that I get to share it everyday.

I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers. I know that the priesthood has been restored to the earth and we can have access to that power every day. I know that Heavenly Father isn't expecting me to do this on my own. He shows me that I am weak so that I will go to him to be strong. I know when I feel close to God it is easier to be kinder, to love, and to know what to say to testify to people in a way that touches their hearts. I am so grateful for the right perspective and purpose that the gospel and covenant gives me. I know I can become closer to God when I am truly reading the scriptures, sincerely praying, taking the sacrament, and receiving priesthood blessings. He hears and loves all of us. Something that was said at church yesterday was this: we can love people until we have felt the love of the Savior for us. How true that is.
I love you all!
Sista Lassen

No comments:

Post a Comment