Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

An Amazing Week

Dear Family,

It was actually an amazing week. I don't have any amazing stories or experiences. I just really enjoyed being a missionary this week. 

Thanksgiving was wonderful.  We spent the day at district meeting, eating, and playing games with the members. It was really nice to get to know them better. Actually, I do have a funny story from Thanksgiving. We were at a members home and played Phase 10 with them (too much like home!) and their grandpa was there. In the middle of the game he got a bad Charlie horse and said, "I'm going to the other side!" It was so funny I thought I was going to die!!!

[This was a hand from one of the last games of Phase 10 that we played with Bethany before she went on her mission.  If my memory serves me right, I think it was her hand!]
This week we did the usual missionary things like tracting, trying to meet less active members, and helping the members in any way that we can. I guess what made the week so good was we did all that we could to help those around us, just focused on what their needs are. I love being a missionary and it is going to suck when I am not one anymore. I am just trying to enjoy it while it lasts! 


Today and yesterday it has been snowing/ raining and the snow is sticking. It is so beautiful! It is a true winter wonderland! And we sang Christmas songs to people already! Tis the season!...no Andrew, not that kind of Season. 

I love you all!


Sister Lassen

No comments:

Post a Comment