Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30, 2013

Happy New Year!

Dear Family,

It was so wonderful to talk to you! I am so grateful for such a wonderful family who supports and loves me so much! You are like the greatest thing ever! After I talked to you we went to a dinner with a member and played games -- Phase 10! I wish I knew how many times I have played that game in my life I bet it would be like 10,000 times.

Missionary-wise this was a slow week, just because of the holiday and all. I am really excited for it all to be over and we can get back to regular missionary awesomeness.  

As a result of the snow storm last Sunday we had the Christmas Program at church this Sunday. It was really cool.  In one of the talks the speaker made an analogy of the gifts that Heavenly Father gave to us, our life, agency and body. And then the gift that Christ gave to us. His life. On Sunday we also started our Missionary Class. It went really well and the spirit was really strong. We talked about our conversion story and how the gospel has blessed our own lives. Then we talked about the fears that we have with sharing the gospel. We addressed the the different fears and we read from the bible dictionary that says "fear is something unworthy of a child of God and perfect love casteth out"...or something like that. It is so true. God doesn't want us to fear, he wants us to be confident before him. And that we do not fear when we do what He wants us to do.  I love the members here and I am excited to help them progress in missionary work.



Last night there was a snow storm and it looked like Heavenly Father was shaking out a comforter on us! It was crazy how big the snow was that was falling! I better get used to it! They say that January is the coldest month! Here it comes! 

I love you! 

Sister Lassen

No comments:

Post a Comment