Fifteen Inches of Snow Later…
Dear Family,
I feel got the "welcome to Maine winter" this week. On Tuesday we were walking down some steps and I totally fell and landed on my arm and lower back. I got the BIGGEST bruise on my forearm. It is healing up now, which is sad because it is pretty hard core. As long as I make up a different story to how I got it like I saved someone from getting hit by a car and then we started teaching them and they got baptized. The second welcome I got was on Sunday there was a HUGE snow storm and church was cancelled. So my companion and I got out the snow shovels and started digging away. The third welcome was today -- my arms are sore from snow shoveling. I guess I prayed a little to hard for a "White Christmas" this year! Careful what you pray for! My last "welcome" to the snow this week was on Saturday we were going door to door and a woman answer the door and gave had the biggest shock on her face. She look at us and said, "Girls, it is way too cold to do this today, don't come back!" To her credit it was 7 degrees outside. But to our credit, 7 degrees wouldn't stop Jesus!
Christmas is seriously the best time to be a missionary. I was so happy that I was only going to have one Christmas in the field, but now I think it would be cool to have two of my mission months be December. We get to sing to people, and nothing softens a lobsta shell like Christmas cheer.
The most fun I had this week was when we volunteered at the soup kitchen. We do it every week and I just love the people that work there. They are so funny and we like to tease each other. There is an older guy, Ken, that works there and for some reason he really likes me. One of the girls, Carla, doesn't understand why. She kept asking me, "Why doesn't Ken like me and only you?" And then she figured out why- "He just wants to get into heaven." That must be it!
Another funny thing that happened this week was that with our ward we are delivering Christmas baskets and we put a copy of the Book of Mormon in it with the member's testimony. So we were delivering to Frank and Ramona from Brother S. When we got there Brother S. was there. That wasn't really awkward, but the funny part was Ramona had us stand in front of the fire place and holding the basket while we sang to them, oh yeah and she recorded the whole thing. It was like I was on one of our family vacations again.
One thing I learned in my studies this week was Moroni 8:25-26. I just love how every action we do has a set blessing and every step we take leads us closer to the greatest blessing of living with Father again.
I hope this letter makes up for the last one being so short, and I hope it is not totally boring! Love you Lots!
Sista Lassen
[This was the weather this morning for Augusta, Maine! I check it every day. I'm glad she's learned how to bundle up!]
| [This was at almost 8:00 in the morning, Maine time!] |
No comments:
Post a Comment