It's the Final Countdown
Dear Family,
Well here is it. My last week serving as a full time missionary. This past week I was talking to a Sister Missionary about...being a missionary and why missions are the greatest and the hardest. The conclusion that we came to is this. I thought my mission would be hard because of the millions of doors that I would have to knock on, crazy companions, or discouraging days. But what I have come to find is, that's not it at all. To me the real reason why missions are hard is because I myself have to change. Yet, that is also the greatest thing that you gain being a missionary. I will be forever grateful for the challenges that Heavenly Father has given me so that I could become better, more of what He wants me to be. And I am grateful for the miracles that I got to see in that journey.
This past month our Mission President challenged us to read the Book of Mormon in a little over a month- 12 pages a day (lucky I had an extra week because of Zone conference) and then pray and ask if it is true.
This morning I finished The Book of Mormon. Although I have long known that it is true this has been my favorite time reading it cover to cover. I got so much more out of it and so many experiences in a short amount of time. When I finished it this morning I did as Moroni asked and prayed to know it is true, as sincerely as I could. This big ole Sista Lassen started to cry. Man, The Book of Mormon IS TRUE! It just confirmed my testimony again that anyone who reads and prays will know for themselves that it is true.
Alright enough of the serious spiritualness and time for the funny stories. We were in a lesson with our investigator J, and it was brought up that I am going home soon. She freaked out and said, "BUT WHO IS GOING TO LOVE ME?!" It was the saddest most hilarious cry I have ever heard.
Last week I was on an exchange with Sister Dixon in Lamoile, VT. We were in the library for Mormon.org time. (We have an hour each week to look at the church videos to use during lessons.) Before we got to the library Sister Dixon was just rubbing it in saying "This is your last Mormon.org time!" Then she went onto Mormon.org and search for Male. age 18-24. BYUI and said, "Let's look at your prospects!"
Missionaries....what are you going to do with them?
Last thing I want to say is that God Loves His missionaries. So many times this week there have been little tender mercies of people that we got to meet, cars that would have hit us, hugs, and the Spirit. Oh, the gospel. It changes lives, man.
Love you and pray for you everyday!
Sista Lassen

We love you so much Bethany!
ReplyDelete