Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 20, 2014

Elders

Dear Family,

I can't believe that Lizzy is going into the MTC on Wednesday! It is just crazy! I will be freaking out all day! I told my mission president's wife that I should get permission to call Lizzy and talk to her. She just laughed and said she would tell president...we will see what happens. 

[Later Bethany emailed that she got permission from her mission president to call Lizzy and talk to her for 15 minutes!  This is at the Salt Lake Airport--Lizzy talking to Bethany!]

Today I am going to start with a funny story, a story about the Elders.

We had MLC this week which means a 3 hour drive to Manchester, NH. It is way fun to see all the other missionaries. On the way back we stopped at Five Guys. One of the Elders convinced 4 of the other Elders to each get a 6 patty burger. At Five Guys Sister Brown and I sat at a separate table and watched them hound down their burgers. It was so gross and I felt like I had eaten a 6 patty burger by the end of it. It looked like they were just eating a huge ball of meat. One of the Elders started sweating from eating so much meat. Eventually all but one had finished their burger. We were all waiting for him. When he finally got down to the last bite, EVERYTHING came back up meaning he barfed. It was hilarious. All I can say is that I am glad I have four older brothers that prepared me for a mission.  

On the missionary side of my week. It was a very rewarding week. The gospel, man, it just makes people happy. I just love the people that we get to teach. There are so many great people here in Vermont. Just to see the joy that comes into their lives, it's just amazing. When I get to hear them share their testimony about how much happier they are since they have been living the gospel, I think, "THIS IS WHY I AM HERE!" 

And do you what to know something else? God loves me. He really does. 

The other week we were teaching a recent convert couple the New Member lessons. They are a young couple and are preparing to be sealed in the temple in a few months. After that lesson it came to me how cool it is that we get to help our brothers and sisters prepare to make covenants. It is such an amazing trust that God gives His missionaries. 

On another side note do you know what I hate?! Excuses. They make me want to punch a wall. 

Love you all and pray for you everyday :)

Sista Lassen 

1 comment: