Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014

Ideer

[I'm not sure what her title means...]

Dear Family,
This week was good, but not as eventful. Which is kind of a nice break so we can focus on other parts of missionary work. Some of our investigators were out of town, which gave us more time to talk to people on the streets. I love street contacting; it is so fun, and when people have kids I keep princess stickers in my bag so their parents have to talk to us while we are giving their child a sticker. The only bad thing to this is most of the kids want the Frozen stickers, but I have none and have no idea who these characters are. That's okay! It is quite hilarious.

The most exciting lesson we had this week was with Derick. To be honest the first time we met him and invited him to learn more I thought he just wanted to talk to girls. So when we came back we brought a member with us. We were pleasantly surprised when we found out that he had read the pamphlet we left him and the next time we came he had read the first few chapters in the Book of Mormon, prayed about it and received an answer that it is true. He is definitely one of my better investigators who actually keep their commitments! Look at that!
This week is going to be exhausting. Today we are leaving for a meeting in Manchester (3 hours away) and won't return until late Tuesday Night. Then Wednesday night to Thursday night I will be in Belfast Maine on an exchange with Sister Cowley (one of my past amazing companions.) It will be way fun because she goes home next week!
I love you all!
Sista Lassen

No comments:

Post a Comment