Power
Dear Family,
First of all, I am upset that Sister Houston is getting transferred and I will be training a new Sister Training Leader. I only got to be with Sister Houston for 1 transfer! And she goes home in 6 weeks, and we just shot gunned this area. We thought we were bullet proof. I guessed wrong. We should have known though; we get along way too well, and we could read each other's mind too early in the transfer. Usually when you can read your companion's mind is when you are getting transferred.Our ward is amazing. We got 2 great referrals that we can't wait to contact. We had an amazing ward council last Sunday. We had been feeling that our ward councils needed to have better coordination and be more effective, so we were praying to know what we could say or do to help them. The ward council started with the ward clerk talking about how they need to be open and safe with the discussion and be unified in the work of the ward. Then the Young Women's leader taught about making ward council more effective so we actually talk about the needs of families in the ward. The Relief Society President later in the meeting brought out a ward activity flyer and idea that she had all ready to go. She felt that they need to do more activities as a ward. Now it is set for September and almost already to go. We and the Elders highly suggested using the new and returning progress record and the oval chart. After ward council I had to brace myself and put my hand on the table so I wouldn't hyperventilate. It was amazing. Later that day we met with the ward clerk, brother Stinson. He is taking over the Ward Mission Leader job until a new permanent one can be called. At our coordination meeting we showed him the new and returning progress record and gave him the L. Tom Perry video about the oval chart to watch. GREAT things are happening in Bangor ward. I have never seen so much potential in a ward for my whole mission.
As for our investigators-- We have been having trouble making set appointments with some of them, but we will continue to follow up with them. The most amazing lesson was with L. A. We were teaching her about baptism and confirmation and talking about the covenants we make at baptism and what Heavenly Father promises us in return. We read Mosiah 18:8-10 with her. When she read Mosiah18:10 she read the question "what have you against being baptized?" over and over. It was quiet for a long time and she then looked up with tears in her eyes and said, "these verse have more power than any priesthood blessing." She told us how she wished she would have read that years ago and is planning to share that with her daughter. She is getting baptized September 20th.
I am so grateful for the power of the Book of Mormon. If I have learned anything on my mission it is that. Another note on the experience. These woman that are mad that we don't have the "priesthood" obviously have never served a mission. I have never felt so much power from God and being a instrument for that power. And that power can be nothing else but priesthood power. I have been the instrument to bless people's homes, read the word of God in the scriptures, and to request blessing for people in prayers. It has been amazing to be that instrument and have access to that power from God.
I got to go on an exchange with Sister Cowley, which was great. I was first companions with her a year ago; she goes home on Wednesday. It was amazing to be with her one more time before she goes home. It was definitely a confirmation to both of us that we have become better followers and disciples of Christ over our missions.
I love you all! I am loving my mission!I got to go on an exchange with Sister Cowley, which was great. I was first companions with her a year ago; she goes home on Wednesday. It was amazing to be with her one more time before she goes home. It was definitely a confirmation to both of us that we have become better followers and disciples of Christ over our missions.
No comments:
Post a Comment