Three Emails Today!
First, she scolds me...
"I know I said that you could e-mail me them, but your e-mails are so long! I don't have time to read them. please start sending them! Love ya!...I haven't had time to read the last 2 e-mails.
"Sister Lassen"
"Sister Lassen"
OK, so I'll Mail the Letters! Just Write More Than That!
Then the Second Letter Comes a Few Minutes Later...
"Did anyone look up a fishercat?
"Last Sunday I got to speak in church about the blessings of missionary work, and boy is it a blessing! The ward is so pumped about missionary work. That is all the time I have to write. I love you!"
This is all we get????? (I thought Sister Missionaries were supposed to write long, newsy letter, unlike my three previous boy Missionaries?)
No, She Finally Actually Writes Something!
We got this a half-hour later...
"oh yeah I love you!
"And the funny part about me giving a talk is that the bishop said sister LAWsen. I started cracking up and it gave it away.
"Last P-day was so fun. We got to go to a city parade and the coolest part was they had crazy lawn mowers... one of them that a toilet with flowers on it. We have been going around and meeting more of the less active members. My personal favorite of the week was Sister D. they are New Englanders through and through. She has a THICK accent and her husband can go on for hours about hunting. They have a giant Bore's Head in their living room. We weren't sure if they liked us visiting with them, until they invited us back for a true boiled New England meal...but still no lobster. One of these days I will, I feel like it will be soon. This one house had a TON of lobster cages stacked up and decorated like a Christmas Tree.
"Sister Vanderhoef and I went tracting and we got a block away from our house when we stared talking to a JW Priest. It was very interesting and he invited us to a bible study class, good times.
"There is no such thing as Ca-in-sid-ences (sorry mom I have no idea how to spell that) only Divine timing. Last week we went to go see an older lady that just got out of the hospital. When we got there her two children where there and she was very stressed out. We got there right when her children had to leave and we talked to her and helped her calm down. Amazing how the gospel does that!
"This week we have interviews with President Wilkey, his last ones! It is said because I already love having him as a mission president, but I am really excited for the new mission president.
"Now for a good ole New England Joke.
"What do you call a deer with no eyes?
"I have no ideer.
"It is funnier out here because that is what people really say!
"We are slowly growing our teaching puddle into a pool, and working hard! Congrats Kandra and Jacob, but I told you you weren't supposed get pregnant for nine months and that you had to send me a letter before you told everyone so that I could find out at the same time. It is just common sense.
"Let this be a warning to Marci, Megan, and Denae.
"Sista Lassen"
Good stuff, Ditte and I cracked up at the joke!
ReplyDelete