Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013

Dear Loved Children of God,

I will start with Saturday because I know you are dying to hear. So here's the news. I will be training. Sister Vanderhoef will be training. Sister Vanderhoef is staying is Biddeford...I am staying in Biddeford...we are going to be in a trio, SAY WHAT?! It is going to be crazy, but as long as I stay in Biddeford I am happy. Right when we got the call I thought I was going to throw up I was so scared.


Mom, have to tell the Elders in your ward that I used the can and cutting board thing on Sunday. You know when you smash a can on your finger and it doesn't hurt? I have been practising and waiting for the chance to do it. And when I did it was SO FUN. We were teaching gospel principals Sunday and I knew that it was my chance to do it! I got the cutting board out and said, "This represents when we are obedient, my finger is you, and this can is satan." I SMASHED my finger as hard as I could and freaked everyone out, and impressed the Elders. It was the talk of the Sunday, and my ward mission leader had to get a picture. (I asked him to send it to mom) People were thinking that it was a fake finger, but when they realized it was real, oh man. Good times.


Last P-day we went to the beach and I got a sweet picture of my name tag, sand, ocean, a huge sea shell, a lobster cag, and a crab claw. Sadly I forgot my camera at home today so next week I will send...Sorry mom.


We had such a busy week and it. was. AWESOME!


We were finally able to teach one of the families in our ward, the Lo's. The step dad is not a member and the daughters who are 10 and 8 have not yet been baptized. The step dad had a baptism date but no one knows what happend. When we were teaching them the first lesson I was able to recite the first vison...also a miracle because I hadn't done it in a week. The lesson was kind of crazy because they have a 1 year old,  but once I recited the first vision everything went quiet and I know that the step dad was listening with his heart.


Here is the Staus on M. The first time we met with him he didn't want to sent up an appointment with us, but we still stopped by his house. When we got there he was pulling up to his house and seemed happy to see us. We talked to him about the parable of the lost sheep and explained that God wants and loves him and wants M to come back to him. After that Sister Vanderhoef was 100% guided by the spirt to ask him if he wanted to take the lessons again. And he said YES! We are meeting with him on Thursday. He is so awesome. He said to us, "I feel that peace again now that you are meeting with me, and I thank you for that." and he also told us how the Book of Mormon gives him that peace, and he was reading even when the missionaries were not meeting with him.


Last week we also had our dinner with a less active and part member family in the ward. They are SO NEW ENGLANDERS and I can't understand half things they say, which might be a good thing. They are a hoot. When we were leaving they gave us a whole cake, left overs, chicken noodle soup, and invited us for dinner in two weeks. I couldn't believe it! I seriouly cannot get enough of them. They are really helping with my accent. Cheese and Crows! (Just something they say here.)


Today was the Last LTP that we sent to President Wilkey, and he ask us to bear our testimony to him and I thought y'all would like to hear some of my firm testimony of the "Good news"(BD "gospel")


I know that my Heavenly Father is with me where ever I go. He is pouring out his love for His children through me so that I can help them. Heavenly Father has a plan for me, and though I do not know or understand it, I know that is a perfect plan for me. Jesus Christ atoned from my sins. His perfect sacrifice emables me to return to my Father again. He is my Savior, and he Redemed me from the pains and sins of this world. This gospel is good news, it is the Plan of Happiness.


Oh and hey don't forget that I love you!


Sista Lassen

1 comment:

  1. Love that girl! She is awesome!!! I want to see the can and finger trick. :-)

    ReplyDelete