At the MTC!
![]() |
| [I know this picture of the MTC has snow, and it probably doesn't, but, oh well!] |
Hello Family!
I have been so excited to tell you everything that has happened! I am so grateful that my P-day is today and not sooner because if I were to write you at the beginning of the week I wouldn't have been able to express my love of the MTC. I will start from the beginning.
Wednesday-
My thoughts, "What is going on!?" I was escorted to my residence hall and than ran to my classroom. I saw Elder Meline within the first few minutes and it really relaxed my nerves to see someone from home. We then met in a room where I met my companion Sister Smith and everyone in my district. Then we went to another room where we met with about 50 new missionaries and tried to answer an "investigator's" questions. I just sat there thinking how I have no idea what I am doing and no one else in this room does either.Thursday-
That night I got very very sick. I have never been so sick in my life. I had a fever- body aches, chills, etc. and cold- congestion, throat that felt like sand paper, cough, etc. and I was nauseous and had stomach cramps. I went to the doctor and of course he didn't really do anything for me and then I went back to my room and went in and out of sleeping for 6 hours, missing all of my classes. Luckily the first few days there is a lot of personal study time that is less important when you don't have any investiagators to study for. Thursday night I met my branch president who I love and it is so nice to have their wives there to be a step-in mom to tell us to take our vitamins and go to bed on time. :)
I am really glad I wasn't expecting it to be easy!
Friday-
I was able to go to my classes- which are 3 hours each- and they are mind blowing. Everytime I go to class I learn a MIND BLOWING concept and then we have to put it into action with role-playing investigators. It is awesome. The funny thing about learning in the MTC is no one really teaches you the steps on how to teach an investiagtor. You just do it and then they teach you what you are doing wrong. I love my district I mean, "District family, hey hey hey, I got all my elders with me!" [like "We are family! (hey hey hey) I got all my sisters with me!"] Later that night an Elder in my district gave me a blessing.
Saturday-
I have never been so tired in my life! Saturday I had to miss more so that I could sleep. It was funny because my teacher thought I was hiding something, and that something else was wrong with me. I was thinking, "Little do they know, I speak my mind."
Sunday-
I loved going to devotional. The speaker was the MTC Mission Manager--or something like that--and he really taught wtih humor. My favorite part of Sunday was our Suday walk to the temple. I was able to find Elder Meline and Elder Benson for us to take a picture at the temple to represent CAMARILLO! I will send pictures later.
Monday-
It was so funny. Monday morning I blew my nose so much and hard that I got a nose bleed. I have never had a nose bleed in my life. Monday we had our own investigator and she was a diva that didn't want to be taught! This taught me that I can get discoraged when people are not ready to here our message.
Tuesday-Now-
The days all run together. I feel like my days never end because I am always ODing on the Spirit... OH YEAH!
The coolest was at Tuesday Devotional we had a musical number "This is the Christ" and the man who wrote the accompiment for that song is in the MTC for a senior mission. They had him stand so that he could be recongnize.
My time is out to write! It is better to get letter because then I have more time to write, FYI. I might have more time later to send more. I LOVE YOU and PRAY for you all!
"I feel good, I feel great, I feel WONDERFUL"...but really,
Sister Lassen


No comments:
Post a Comment