Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 1014

Feeling Like a New Missionary

Dear family,

It has been a really rewarding week. The work is on fire! The ward is doing great, all they really need is to be invited to do something and they do it. We have having lots of referrals and new potentials to work with. And to add to that we are finding new investigators and potentials in our own finding efforts. We asked one of the members to share her missionary experience at Fast Sunday and she did. She also said she can't say no to the sister missionaries. And then another member said that as well. I was really embarrassing, but that's okay!

We had a really sweet lesson with our investigator E this week. He works at the Swain dairy farm. We taught him the restoration in under 30 min, simply, used HTBT[How to begin Teaching Bullet points Teaching, or something like that] and asked questions. The spirit was really strong. I felt like everything that I have learned came together in that lesson. The most amazing and important part was on spiritual experience that he had after. At the end of the lesson he prayed that he would have the strength he needed to finish the farm work and that D would soon come to help him. After our lesson, as planned, we helping him with the farm work, and D did come to help finish them. The work was done at least a half hour sooner than usual. Before we left we told him that his prayer was answered, to which he answered "I feel like someone has my back." Which is amazing because at the beginning of the lesson he told us that he felt like God has never been there for him. I have really been learning that the spiritual experiences that they have on their own are more important than when we teach them. Their experiences is where their faith is strengthened. No wonder we make commitments!S
I seriously feel like I am a new missionary again. Soaking in all of this knowledge! One thing that we have been learning is the importance of saying simple powerful statements of 100% truth so the Spirit can full be there. It has made such a difference.

Sister Lassen at the Joseph Smith Memorial, May 2014 (Birthplace of the Prophet Joseph Smith)
I also got to take another investigator to the Joseph Smith Memorial on Saturday. Before we went I was praying that I would be able to increase my testimony that Joseph Smith is a prophet. The first time that I came to that sacred grove and JSM, I loved the feeling of being in the trees and how green it is here, so much that I thought that every green forest felt the same. I have lived on the East coast long enough to realize that not every place feels like the sacred grove and the JSM.  Nothing can fake that. It's true! The church is true! How lovely it is to testify of that everyday.

The weather is absolutely beautiful. And I love it here! Love you all!

Sister Lassen

No comments:

Post a Comment