Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

I feel EXTREMELY Good, I feel EXTREMELY Great, I feel EXTREMELY Wonderful!

[This picture is a hint, along with the title (which Bethany wrote) of where she is now!]


Dear Family,
Words cannot describe my week. WHAT A WEEK!! Life could not have gotten any better! I have been so excited to tell you all!

My last day in Augusta, ME was a great one. Sister Harrington made me Danish meatlof and we went on a hike called Hobbit Trail where I got a perfect picture of a bridge for Grandma Hattie's poem. I have been look for one my whole mission!

Tuesday was a great day -- transfer meeting. And I found out that I am shot gunning an area (which means that the area is getting two new missionaries and we have to rely on the past missonaries' records). And any guesses to where I am!? Anyone?


LACONIA, NEW HAMPSHIRE!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS IN LACONIA? LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE!!!!!! It is breath-takingly beautiful here. Not that Maine wasn't beautiful; it is a different beautiful. Lot of rolling hills, streams, and lakes. The best part of it is that we live with a member family who lives. On. A. Farm. On our way to our home we picked up some raw milk and took a tour of their maple syrup making machine and pancake house restaurant. And their chickens and horses.  

On Friday we got a call from the member we live with, Sister Swain, asking us if we could help with kids that were coming for a field trip. OF COURSE! The kids were coming to see them boiling the maple syrup. It is incredible. Massive amounts of steam billow off the soon-to-be syrup in the barn. And we were able to go on the second floor balcony and be engulfed in maple-smelling steam. How heavenly! We also had lunch at their pancake house. The pancakes were delicious and you all would LOVE them! I had a massive lemon berry pancake.

The rest of the week was filled with meeting the members and the people that the previous sisters were working with and trying to remember everyone's names. It has been quite hysterical. Sister Magnusson and I have had so much fun on this adventure together. It's a great ward and I can tell that we are going to have even more miracles here.

One more story -- This morning we walked over to the chicken coop to get some eggs for breakfast and we watched a chicken lay an egg and took it right after. To this, Sister Magnusson said, "Now, that's a farm-fresh egg!"

I know their are so many other wonderful things that happened this week but I can't remember, just know that I have been walking in beautiful weather with my head up thinking, "It doesn't get any better than this."
Love you all!

Sista Lassen

No comments:

Post a Comment