Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014

Last Week in Augusta, ME

My Dear Family,

On Friday I got the call that I am being transferred. I can honestly say that I didn't think I was going to. Which made the call even harder. One of the hardest people to say good-bye to was M.B. I started teaching her right when I got here. Oh, how I will miss her. When I told her that I was leaving, she had the saddest face and said "NOOoooo!" I totally started crying. And then she realized I was crying and did everything to cheer me up. She hugged and kissed me goodbye, a little too many kisses for comfort, but that's M.B!

Tomorrow I go the New Hampshire office to transfer meeting and then my new area. 

We had a great week with a lot of our potential investigators that we consistently stop by to see. One of them was J. We stopped by to invite him to watch general conference which he accepted. It was amazing because he told us all about how hard the past winter has been for him and how God has help him through it. I really felt that I should be really honest and tell him that he should get baptized, so I did! We just need to keep working with him and he will get there. He has already told us how he sees the glow that Mormons have in them. 

Another miracle was from a referral that we got from a member. We contacted them a few months ago but felt that we needed to follow up on them. When we asked the member about it she said that this person has been going through a hard time and would love anything uplifting. When we contacted the referral she let us right in and we talked about Mosiah 24 and how Heavenly Father will lift our burdens. 

General Conference was amazing...as expected. Many answers to questions as I am sure you had too. 

Today we are going to one another one of my favorite people's house for dinner. She is making Danish Meatloaf for me :)
Love you all!

Sista Lassen

No comments:

Post a Comment