Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

Alma 26

Dear Family,

I had the most wonderful Easter. This week has just been awwwwwwmazing. Words just can't even say it. I really get so excited and people need to tell me to calm down. I feel like I am in heaven on earth.

So many miracles this week; it was amazing. It has been such a blessing. We had 5 new investigators this week, ALL of them were member referrals  We still have more to contact! The work is truly moving forward in this area. One of the member referrals that we were contacting was P. and L. They have been taught a little by missionaries in the past, but it seems that it kind of died out because of his health problems. (He has cancer.) When we went to contact him he let us right in, kind of like he was waiting for us to come.  The spirit was so strong you could cut it with a knife. He recognizes and is in awe of the Lord's timing in us being there on the day that he needed it most. He has a true desire to improve his relationship with God. He is so prepared. He told of how grateful he is that we are out serving the Lord and for the work we do. He was emotional the whole time we were there. We were so excited that we drove to the member's home (where we live too) with the windows rolled down yelling out to him of what happends. Not to metion the numerous happy dances when we were out of their sight.

Another Miracle was J. She was another member referral who is really prepared. She is a recovering alcoholic and in the process has been going back to her Catholic church, but has also been questioning a lot of their teachings. I love her already. This week we are going to teach her again with her member friend. The funniest thing when we met her -- We were answering her questions and then we gave her a Book of Mormon and told her a little about it and asked her to read 3 Nephi 11. I guess she thought that we wanted her to read it that second so she was reading it as we were just sitting there answering questions about it. And as I was looking at her I was in the missionaries' shoes who taught Bedstemor. She was reading it with a cigarette in her hand and drinking coffee. I just had to laugh when we left; guess we are going to have to go over that this week :)
 
Easter day was a beautiful day -- we had dinner with the Swains (the members we live with).  It was quite delightful. It is so fun living on a farm. Unlike anything I ever grew up with, but it is a lot of fun.
 
On Sunday there was a girl visiting with her boyfriend in our ward and we talked to her and she said she has been off her mission for 4 months now. All I could think about is how much that must suck to be her...don't know if that is normal.

Do you want to hear the saddest thing ever? This week will be my one year mark. So I decided to share some of my testimony from the last year.
 
The gospel of Jesus Christ is pure JOY. It is not the happiness that you get from a new outfit, spice cake, or watching a chick flick. It is a trillion times better than that. It is the joy that I get everyday from the knowledge that Jesus Christ is my Savior, he did died for me, and most importantly He lives again. How indescribable is that?! Our Savior broke all the chains of physical and spiritual death. Because of Him all of my pain, heartache, and hardships can be "swallowed up in the joys of Christ."  Man, do I know that is true. I feel as if I have no reason ever to be sad, because of my Savior Jesus Christ. And that is what the gospel brings to people -- the hope, love, and peace that we all need and search for in life.

I know that God has a plan for me and he has perfect timing and a perfect plan. Man, do I know that is true. There is no way that I am not guided in my everyday life and situations to where I need to be, who I need to be with, and what I need to say. "Just don't mess with the plan."

I know that Joesph Smith is a prophet. That knowledge came from being touched by the Spirit that it was true and no one can ever take that away from me and I can never deny it.

I know that God loves all of his children, and he is always there watching over us.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's kingdom on Earth and has all the fullness of the gospel.
 
I could have never expected the experiences that I would have been blessed to have over that last year, I am looking forward to what the next 6 months have in store for me.
 
Love you all!
 
Sista Lassen



No comments:

Post a Comment