Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5, 2013

Trifecta is A.Maz.Ing

Dear Family,

I am lovin' this 3 Nephite, Tri-fecta thing going on in Saco, ME! My New companion is Sister Cowley. And of course I am still with Sister Escobar. I AM SO PUMPED! It's going to be a great transfer with lots of learning and growing for Sister Lassen. 
It was a great week of lots good ole' tracting. I found a really good strategy with tracting. 
Step 1- Embarrassed yourself (This is the most important step)
Step 2- Make them laugh
Step 3- Read a Scripture
Step 4- TESTIFY!

It has been pretty sweet. My favorite story of the week was on Tuesday.  It was our first outing with Sister Cowley tracting. We were knocking on doors and here some of the apartment buildings look like one big house, but you have to walk in the front door to knock on the persons actual door. We walked up to one house and we thought that it was one where we had to walk into the front door...we were very, very wrong. So Sister Cowley opens the door. Now she didn't just open the door. She threw herself into this persons house because the door was jammed. Then we realized that we were in someone's house ran, and slammed the door shut. And then we RAN away. Luckily the owners did not see us...that would have been bad. I could just see the headline "Mormon Missionaries Breaking Into People's Homes! Who will be Next?!"

That was pretty classic and sums up what this past week has been like. 
My favorite part of the week?! Placing me some Book of Mormons! 

I hope everyone's summer is Super! 

Sista Lassen

No comments:

Post a Comment