Missionary Work Has Changed Forever
Alright so this week has a whole lot of stop and go. My companion was sick so we spent a day letting her sleep. It was awesome though because we spent the whole day, and week really, reading Jesus the Christ together. That book is amazing. It has changed everything for me. I understand my relationship with God is so much more than Him being my father. READ IT!
Then we had Zone Conference on Friday and It. Was. Awesome. President Stoker received so much revelation for this mission. We were just waiting for these changes to happen! It probably won't seem so cool to you guys, but I am in this area and with these people I know that it was inspired. So the changes so far with the mission is we are going to be working with the ward A LOT MORE. He wants us to do what we call "lightning lessons." We will stop by active members' homes and teach a 10 minute lesson and commit them to do something. Had my doubts that we would be able to keep our lessons at 10 min, because if you know anything about Mainers it's that they like to talk... a lot. For example, we were teaching a member, and in the middle of my companion saying "In the name of Jesus Christ, amen" they started talking, and didn't stop taking. Another example, we will say "In the name of Jesus Christ, amen" they will say amen and then immediately go off on a 10 min story about their cat. It is really funny, but frustrating at times. It is hard for me not to think "Don't you know we have work to do? Souls to Save? People's salvation on the line here?"
We have thought of some trick to help the situation, like we will immediately ask someone to say the closing prayer, and then the prayer is over, immediately stand up and start walking to the door. It's fun.
President Stoker has an awesome mission goal too. It is to help every member have a significant missionary experience every year. Isn't that everything that the Salvation Broadcast was about? Working with the members. Saturday was our first day that we got to put our lightning lessons into action. It was ballin' because we got all of our lessons done in 10 min. It was a miracle. One of the members that we stopped by, at the end of the lesson she asked, "How did you know this is exactly what I needed to hear?" If it weren't for our lightning lessons we would have never gone to her house and share the message that she needed at the exact time she needed it.
One more cool thing about Zone Conference was I saw my friend from BYU-I That lives in Maine!
One more funny story for the week. So we had dinner with the Davis's again this week. It was so funny because I have been there about ten times now, so you'd think that Brother Davis would know my name. When I got there brother Davis handed me an envelope that said, "To the girl with the blond hair. Ha-Ha"
Inside was this really cool fisherman's quote. I will never forget the Davis's! 
Love you all! And Happy Birthday to Dad, Andrew, Corban, and Joshua! And any else birthday that is in August that I am forgetting!
Sista Lasn'

No comments:
Post a Comment