She's Staying Put in Biddeford!
[By the way, if you emailed me for her address, the apartment # is incorrect. Please email me for the correct address--gslassen@gmail.com]
Dear Family,
I am staying in good ole' Saco Maine! Which is good because I have to much stuff to do here! But I am getting a new companion tomorrow (in place of Sister V), but Sister Escobar is staying, so I still get to learn more Portuguese!
This week was full of tracting! We have a few cities in our area that are far away and hard to get out to because the houses are far apart from each other, or they are tourist towns. In our minds we think it is a gold mine for missionary work because missionaries haven't been there very much. But because missionaries haven't been there we don't really have a direction. We will keep working on it!
A fear that came into my head when I was thinking of the spirit world the other day. So New Englanders have this saying, "I'm all set." We will knock on a door and before we say anything they say, "I'm all set" In my mind I want to say,"Your salvation isn't all set!!!" or "You're all set for what? You're life is so good it can't get any better?" This leads me to think about the spirit world where we will be teaching everyone. Will people still say "I'm all set" "I'm already dead"?!?! I sure hope not.
The beginning of the week was hard because we got dropped or dropped most of our investigators. But that's okay, their time will come, and we are still meeting people who may be more ready and prepared for the gospel...Like G!
We started a Book of Mormon study class in our ward, and one of the members invited their friend G to the class. G felt the spirt so strong when he was their with the members discussing the scriptures. After the scripture class he re-read what was read and the 5 chapters before. He decided that this is the path that he needs to go down and is taking the lessons from us. It was a strong testimony builder to me of the power of the members. G was prepared by the members, and is progressing because he sees the expamles of the members.
Love you a million lobsta tails!
Sista Lassen




No comments:
Post a Comment