Her Brother Hasn't Written
But she hasn't mentioned it... at all...
"Dear Family and Friends, (except Joel who hasn't writen me yet)*
"One of the many miracles that we had this week was with Ghanabu. We were going to an appointment to an investigator and we rang the door and waited and waited and waited. We figured that she wasn't there so we went to try to contact a referral instead. On our way back home we decided that we would try one more time. We rang the door bell and she wasn't there again. I saw a man sitting a few feet away and I decided that we should ask him if he knew where our investiagtor was. This man was Ghanabu. He knocked on her door and called her name and she wasn't there. Ghanabu then asked us, "Are you with the LDS?" We told him we were and he told us that in the past he called the church hotline to find a church building to go to church when he lived in Portland, but was never able to get a ride to church. He told us that he likes how Mormons are so genuine and that Mormons watch their health and he is ready to take that step. We gave him a Book of Mormon and set up and appointment to see him on Wednesday. MIND BLOWING MIRACLE! The Lord put us in his path, and then made us talk to him. The work is moving in Saco!
"So I have found this new love of talking to people on the street and door knocking this week.
We were walking to the library and we met a man and woman who were sitting on their front steps. They gave us their WHOLE life story, which isn't new to me. We were able to turn the conversation to how the Lord has a plan for all of us, and then we gave them both a Book of Mormon and a Plan of Salvation Pamplet, and set up a return appointment. I found that they key in talking to people is to just ask like they are my long lost cousins. It's working pretty well.
"Later that day when we made it to the Library Sister Escobar and I were on the computer and Sister Vanderhoef was waiting for us. Some guy started talking to her, and then all of the sudden asked her on a date. She tried to tell him that we could teach him lessons, and that everywhere she goes her companions have to go to... he wasn't all for that.
"My Second favorite part of this week was right before we had an appointment with a family in our ward we knocked on their neighbor's door. When the older lady opened the door she was not interested in us at all. So we started asking her about her beliefs and what role God has in her life. Once we did that she talked about how the love of God shines in her and it is shining in us. She told us how God has helped her through the hardest times in her life and she feels so close to him. Then I asked if I could share a verse with her, so I shared 3 Nephi 4:33. When I read "gushing out of tears" in that verse she nodded her head up and down and she started to cry. I testified of Jesus Christ, and told her that the Book of Mormon is not to take away from anything that she already has, but to add to the truths that she already knows. She gladly accepted the Book Of Mormon.
When we went over to our appointment we were so PUMPED and told the family about it. They were surprised that she accepted the Book of Mormon. It is amazing what the Spirit will do.
"My favorite part of the week was Saturday. That day we had a Bapism for 2 girls that we have been teaching who are 11 and 8. It was so amazing. Enough said.
"Something funny about New England. They don't know anything about real Mexican food.
"Anyways, Transfer calls are Saturday! I am loving every minute, I love you a million cans of Moxie!
"Sista Lassen"
* A little while ago Deane posted a photo on Facebook which was a letter to them from Bethany, but Joel's name was violently crossed out: "Dear
*In Joel's defense, he says he HAS written to her, but somehow they haven't reached her yet.
The next day I received this photo from Tim Smith, Bethany's Ward Mission Leader. Apparently the sisters decided to teach those New Englanders about real Mexican Food! Making Salsa!




No comments:
Post a Comment