Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014

All a Blur

[By the way, it was one week ago yesterday--on Fast Sunday--when Bethany came home from church and announced that she had decided to go on a mission.  What a whirlwind year it has been!]

image from http://www.aqnb.com
Dear family,

This week I am telling you was all a blur. I never knew what day it was, forgot what happened the day after, and had no idea what we were doing the day of. It was just crazy and it went by really fast. All I can say is if this is how the rest of my mission is going to be I am screwed because it will be over like yesterday.

I am going to be super missionary and sum up my week in a scripture -- "He gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictions save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ." (Alma 31:38)
My companion and I had this conversation of frustration because no one ever says how hard being on a mission is and how sometimes it just plain sucks, but after this week I understand more why. 

On Tuesday we had a very disappointing day. It was going to be a great day, we were super prepared...but everything fell through. I was kind upset like, "Come on Heavenly Father!  I prayed with such faith that this would work! We are trying really hard! Why disappoint me? Why aren't I like Alma where my afflictions are swallowed up with joy?" Then the Spirit keep trying to cheer me up or something and quotes that I love popped into my head, but I was too grumpy to take them that day. 

Two days later I was talking to my companion and she asked me, "What even happened this week?" It wasn't until then that I remembered what happened on Tuesday. All the bitterness had been forgotten and swallowed up in joy! Even greater joy than I had before! That is how awesome Heavenly Father is, he must love us or something. 

Like I said I don't remember what happened this week, but I am Happy! so what else matters?! Love you all! 

Sista Lassen

No comments:

Post a Comment