Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014

Where Has This Week Gone?

Dear Family,

This week was just insane in the membrane! Part of the reason was we didn't have a normal day until....wait there wasn't one normal day.

Monday and Tuesday we had an extra companion because her companion had to go to a meeting. 

Wednesday I was in Damariscotta on an exchange and it snowed all day. But it was fun because we weren't able to use the car so we helped paint a member's home!

Thursday was Zone Conference- which was amazing! I felt I needed a whole day just to sit and process and think about everything that was said!! A lot was talked about how we need to give it all to the Lord, submit to His will and give it all to Him. In the end that is the only way that we are going to be happy. And I got to see my past favorite companions Sister Cowley and Escobar! Tri-fecta was back! 

Friday- because we hadn't been able to get much done for the week we were catching up with appointments

Saturday- we were catching up with the things that we usually do on Friday.

Sunday- I gave a talk in church and we met with the bishop for a long time after church and talked about the people in the ward and how we can better help them. My talk went pretty well. I got to pick my topic and I talked about how we need to prepare each week for taking the sacrament. I learned way more than what I was able to talk about. I didn't realize how much studying I could do on just preparing for the sacrament. I don't think I have ever really done that until the last few months. I am getting better and better each time. The more that I prepare the more meaning that it has to me. It is such a blessing that we get to remember the what the Savior did for us each week and promise to have a deep commitment to Heavenly Father. 

I got most of my information for my talk from a talk giving by L Tom Perry "Now we take the Sacrament"...or something like that. and True to the Faith- Sacrament and reverence and the bible dictionary on Sacrifices. 
It was actually really cool after preparing all week for this talk, while preparing to take the sacrament. Before I gave my talk and took the sacrament I couldn't help but cry right when the sacrament hymn started. One of the quotes that I liked was "we can have a spiritual experience each time we take the sacrament in a holy place" that made me realize that when I am prepared to take the sacrament the chapel has the same feeling as the temple. WHICH REMINDS ME OF THE GREATEST NEWS EVER!!!

If we are serving in an area 2 hours away from the temple we can go every 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am too far away to go in this area, but there is hope! I can't wait! I just want to go now and see the new temple video! And I want to go on the same day as Lori, wouldn't that be crazy! 

I love you all! 

Sista Lassen

No comments:

Post a Comment