Getting Used to a New Area
[I asked Bethany about her new area and companion, and this is what she replied today]:
Not in a trio this time. My companion is Sister Wray -- she is from American Fork UT. I don't know how big the ward is, probably the same as my last. About 90 at sacrament meeting but 110 less actives. The buliding is really big! And two wards meet there. It is the same building that my friend Rachel Lafamme from byui goes to! Too bad she is at school!
Do you know what I have been obsessed with?
The Book of John. How can we be like Christ if we don't know Him! So I have been getting to know Him better :) and it has made all the difference.
[Now today's letter to all]:
Dear Family,
Thank you so much for the wonderful Birthday Gifts! Don't worry I have only opened one, because I really needed it asap (hymn book :)) It is so crazy to me that I drive 2 hours north to my new area and it is completely different! So something interesting that happened to me this week that only happens on a mission. Is I got to read the Book of Mormon with someone in the Riverview Psycriatic hospital. It was a media referal and missionaries have met with her before. So we went and had to be escorted by security in and out of the building and we had to take the staples out of the pamplet. We really like the guards and they always have cool questions for us.
Alright so you know what I am totally pumped for? Live Christmas Cards from the missionaries! Some of the ward members are going to be writing their testimony in a Book of Mormon and we are going to put it in a gift basket and deliever it to their friend and sing a Christmas song! It is going to be sweet! And I am already singing Christmas songs...no judging. This week we got to help a man rake his leaves. It was kind of a miracle that he even let us because we just knocked on his door and asked if we could do service. Most people don't accept service. It was only the second time that I have ever raked leaves! It was really fun and we got to talk to him for awhile.
Another thing that I am supper excited for is Elder Nielsen of the 70 is coming a week from today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! [This is Gifford Nielsen, who spoke at General Conference about the exclamation point! I guess Bethany got his "point!"] That means that I am going to have P-day on Tuesday instead of Monday. FYI. It is going to be amazing! And I talked to one of the office workers and they said that he is packing in information! He is giving the office workers little time to talk so he can talk more (and about more important things) It is going to be a spiritual feast! And I will get to see my old companions in Saco and they can tell me all that is going on with Saco. I am going so excited I AM GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!
I am starting to love this area and the people here! Oh yeah and I love you too!
Sister Lassen


Cute wonderful girl! Love hearing her letters and seeing her photos. Thanks for sharing !!!!!!!!!! :-)
ReplyDelete