Awkward
Dear Family,
I have made up a saying that I am living my life according to and that is...I can't really pinpoint to when this knowledge came to my mind because I am placed in awkward situations every minute of every day. This is why missionaries come back weird.
So this week was made up of a whole lot of miracles. I have never been so busy my whole mission. It's amazing.
We went on splits and one of the members that came with us brought her non-member friend to go with us. When she told us she was bringing a friend it took us 10 min. to realize what was happening because it is UNHEARD OF. After we taught the restoration to our investigator we asked the friend what she thought. She said that she wanted the investigators we were teaching to stop talking because she just wanted to hear what I had to say. After the split, we invited the member to invite her friend to take the lessons. What a miracle!
We also had a lesson with a former/part member family and the mom told us that she has just been waiting for the opportunity to be baptized and she knows that this is the true gospel. Our mind was completely BLOWN AWAY because we weren't expecting it at all.
Do you remember me telling you about the woman who came up to us last week wanting to join a church? She came to church this Sunday. Her name is D, she is my age. She came to church because we had a member at her lesson invite her to church and to give her a ride. I am so grateful to this member. I really can't do this work with out their help. There is just so much to do!
We went on splits and one of the members that came with us brought her non-member friend to go with us. When she told us she was bringing a friend it took us 10 min. to realize what was happening because it is UNHEARD OF. After we taught the restoration to our investigator we asked the friend what she thought. She said that she wanted the investigators we were teaching to stop talking because she just wanted to hear what I had to say. After the split, we invited the member to invite her friend to take the lessons. What a miracle!
We also had a lesson with a former/part member family and the mom told us that she has just been waiting for the opportunity to be baptized and she knows that this is the true gospel. Our mind was completely BLOWN AWAY because we weren't expecting it at all.
Do you remember me telling you about the woman who came up to us last week wanting to join a church? She came to church this Sunday. Her name is D, she is my age. She came to church because we had a member at her lesson invite her to church and to give her a ride. I am so grateful to this member. I really can't do this work with out their help. There is just so much to do!
Another lesson we had was with B. He has been taught for over 2 years. Is a scientist and is still having trouble believing that there is even a God. The morning of the day that we taught him I read his 5 page teaching record and realized that every idea that we had to teach and help him has been done before. So I read Alma 22 instead to try to get some kind of revelation. Later I talked to my companion and we thought of lots of questions to ask him, hoping that one of them would help him and help us do less "preaching." What a miracle his lesson was. We asked him the questions that we planned and then took it to the scriptures. Alma 22. We started with verse 7, and out of nowhere (obviously from the Spirit) I get to the question, "Why do you think King Lamoni was just able to believe what Aaron said?" I think it was the first time that he really though about any question we gave him. We kept reading. At the end of the section we discussed it more, and out of nowhere my companion whips out the most powerful words she has ever spoken and the whole time I am freaking out and want to wave my arms and do something crazy. B. realized things from that chapter that we didn't know apply to him. I cannot tell you how amazing it was. When we left I was simply FREAKING OUT! WoW just wow. That is what the spirit does.
I just want to say that this spiritual power is not limited to full time missionaries. All of us have this "joyful burden of discipleship." And we can all be lead by the Spirit in inviting, teaching, and helping other come into the fold.
Love you ALL!
Sista Lassen
Sista Lassen
No comments:
Post a Comment