Monday, May 19, 2014

May 13, 2014

Mother's Day Call and the Temple, all in One Week!


We talked to Bethany on Mother's Day, via Skype.  Our connection was not wonderful so we didn't take a picture.  But it was great to talk to her, and she is super happy!  She loves describing what it is like to live on a farm--she is in love with the baby calves.  

Then on Monday, May 12 she had a regular day; her P-Day was moved to Tuesday so that they could visit the Boston Temple!  She wrote a letter to me during her trip to Boston last week, and I received it today (Monday, May 19)  Here are some excerpts:

"Dearest Mom,

"I am on my way to the temple right now.  The trees are finally greening up.  I was looking at how vibrant the green leaves are; I would say they are your favorite color--LIME GREEN!  You would love it.

"I just got out of the temple.  We stayed there all day.  It was wonderful; Couldn't ask for a better P-Day.  I can't believe I haven't been here for a year--way too long.  I never want to go this long before going to the temple ever again.  It's so awesome how our 'thing' is going to the temple together.  Most mothers/daughters go shopping, get their nails done, or get facials.  Us?  Nope.  We go to the temple. You only have to go 25 more times without me.

"You know what I kept thinking when I was in the temple?  How much I just don't get or understand the potential within me, and all of us.  I mean if I really understood that, wow.  Think I am going to add that to the million other things I am going to study.

"Well, I feel as if at this point of my mission it is all or nothing.  Naturally I am putting my all in.  That's just how I roll.

"Love you!

"Sister Lassen
"aka Boopsie"



No comments:

Post a Comment