Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014

Two Stories

Dear Family,

This week has been a good one!

Saturday was something that would only happen to me and strengthen my testimony that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor. SO... Story.

Saturday our ward had a talent show to invite their non-member friends too. The missionaries were in charge of setting up and one of the missionaries tells the worst jokes to the point of annoyance. Therefore, my companion and I started charging him a quarter every time he said a bad joke....and it hasn't stopped. The talent show was about to start and the person who was going to be the MC couldn't do it anymore. They asked me if I could. I said I would, no big deal I did it in high school! Then the person in charge says to me, "You need to tell jokes." I realized that I don't know that many jokes. Then the Elder (who has been annoying me all day with jokes) says  "that will be a quarter a piece!" It was pretty funny. A story that I will have to tell in person to get the full effect.

All in all the talent show was a success and we were able to make contact with some less actives and non members!

One more story for today because I am doing this (emailing) at Best Buy.

There is this less active member that we have stopped by with no answer 500 times. Last night we decided that we should try yet again. We pulled up to her house and questioned whether we should knock on her door because it was 8 at night. We decided to pray about it and the moment that we said Heavenly Father I heard, "You should go." Of course we did it! And of course she was home! and answered the door!  She let us in and we shared a message with her. We especially expressed the love the Heavenly Father has for her. I just know that Heavenly Father loves all of His children and sends us to His children in need. I understand Alma a little more when he says that he wishes that he were an angel so he could preach repentance to all! Because it is Wicked AWESOME!

I love Heavenly Father and I am grateful for the refiners fire that a mission is! Even if I put all the spectacular experiences that I have aside, the greatest miracle is the change within me!

Love you all!


Sista Lassen

No comments:

Post a Comment